Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mmm, muffin! The Great Dane Baking Company


So how do you top BIG-O CUPCAKES? How about a BIG-O MUFFIN?

*snerk*

This is one big muffin. Like 3-inches in diameter big.

As a result, it was dense, cakey - as opposed to light and...well, less cakey. However, it was not overly sweet - I know that lots of people think that a "sweeter muffin" means cake pretending to be a healthier muffin, but this wasn't a disguised cupcake.

The problem? The dough must be heavy – I have yet to get a chocolate chip muffin from Great Dane that has the chocolate chips evenly dispersed through out it. Weird, the chips are always smashed to one side, which leaves one part of the muffin all lonely. The muffin itself was yummy, but slightly dry. That seems to be my theme lately.

For the record, my favorite muffins happen to be…well, pumpkin, actually. Love the Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese, Doughboys Spicy Pumpkin, Bristol Farms Pumpkin – I think I love the moist spicy sweetness. Chocolate chip is OK, but it’s not pumpkin.

So this one wasn't bad, but not the best I've ever had.
The Great Dane Baking Company - B.
They make great cakes, though. *ahem*

The Great Dane Baking Company
11196 Los Alamitos Blvd.
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
562) 493-6899
http://www.greatdanebakery.com/index.html

No comments: