Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Mmm, cake! Rossmoor Pastries


Ah, the cure for whatever is bothering me.
I'm speaking, of course, of cake.

This is a chocolate hexagon, from Rossmoor Pastries in Signal Hill. Contact info to follow.

It's a tiny little chocolate cake, topped with a chocolate mousse. It's covered in a layer of chocolate ganache (*thud*), decorated with a bit of whipped cream and berry...this time, a raspberry. A few chocolate (white and milk) shavings and a chocolate curl finish it off.

My review: Not bad. The cake was moist, the mousse light and delicate. Loved the chocolate ganache (*thud*). I'd give it a solid B, it's a good cake. I just think I like Great Dane's cakes better now...which is why my birthday cake is coming from there.

But in a pinch, a cake pinch, it will do.

Rossmore Pastries
2325 Redondo Avenue
Signal Hill, CA 90806
(310) 498-CAKE
http://www.rossmoorpastries.com/

No comments: