Sunday, May 6, 2007

Mmm, muffin! Bristol Farms


Ah, pumpkin in May. Well, April, it's from last week, but yeah. Pumpkin in the off season!

Is it Fall yet? *thud*

Well, here is Bristol Farm's version of a pumpkin muffin. It's smaller than Doughboys, 2-inches wide by 2-inches tall. It's kind of plain and unadorned...there were some random crumbs on top, but I have no clue what they were supposed to be. Just crumbs, I guess.

It smells sweet and spicy, but as you can tell it's much paler than Doughboys muffin. It's kind of blah looking. The pumpkin flavor is slightly stronger, but it's also much sweeter. The muffin itself is much dryer and crumbled as I broke it apart.

You know how much I like dry stuff. Ugh.

Sweet seems to be the over-riding thought. It's not as yummy as Doughboys, in fact, I'm kind of unexcited by the muffin. It tastes more canned...not as fresh as Doughboys, which I mean...come on...I know it's April, they are all canned at this point. But the Bristol Farms muffin tastes canned. This muffin tastes exactly how you think a pumpkin muffin should taste, which is fine.

Boring, but fine. My fingers didn't' turn orange. *shrug*

Bristol Farms - B-.

Bristol Farms
2080 North Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90815
562) 430-4134
http://www.bristolfarms.com

No comments: